1PasswordAnywhere with multi vaults [Resolved: set up Dropbox sync for each vault]

klvanw
klvanw
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

How can I access my non-primary vaults with 1PasswordAnywhere?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Hi @klvanw,

If your non-primary (secondary) vaults are being synced with Dropbox, you should be to navigate to any .agilekeychain keychain folder on the dropbox.com site using your browser, then open the 1Password.html file in it to use 1PasswordAnywhere with it.

1PasswordAnywhere is not restricted to only being used with the 1Password.agilekeychain keychain folder for the Primary vault.

I hope that helps. :)

• klvanw
    klvanw
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Maybe my secondary vault is not setup correctly because I only have one .agilekeychain folder:

$ find ~/Dropbox -name *.agilekeychain
    /home/vanw/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

I have 1Password installed on my personal MAC and can access my secondary vault via the Switch to Vault -> menu option. How can I create a separate .agilekeychain directory for my other vault?

At work I primarily use Linux so I use 1PasswordAnywhere to access my passwords. It would be nice if there was a Linux version available. I've tried under Wine, but of course it doesn't work with the browser plugin.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @klvanw,

If you're only seeing one vault in Dropbox, is it possible that you haven't set up the sync settings for your secondary vault? Each vault does have separate sync settings, so you'll need to go into Preferences > Sync while viewing the secondary vault and set up Dropbox sync there.

Thanks for the feedback about Linux - we've heard from many users who would love a feature like this. Currently WINE is the workaround, but our developers know that there's interest for a full version of 1Password here. It's just a matter of finding enough hours in the day to do all of the cool stuff on our to do lists! :)

• klvanw
    klvanw
    Community Member

Thanks, that solved the problem.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @klvanw‌

I'm so glad to hear that you're up and running - thanks for letting us know!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.