Syncing 1Password OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) from/to iOS8 using AirDrop [Resolved: try Wi-Fi]

Options
jnrever
jnrever
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I'm finally turning in my flip phone and iPod in for an iPhone. (I'll wait for the good-natured laughing to die down) I also plan on upgrading my desktop to Yosemite once I'm certain that all my critical software works on OSX 10.10. (For anyone interested GPGTools currently does not) I don't trust clouds in general, at least not yet, so I plan on syncing 1Password on desktop and phone using AirDrop. If keeping my 1Password data as secure as possible takes a couple of extra steps I don't mind one bit. I think AirDrop will work just fine - but not having either platform, I don't know if this will really work. Any thoughts anyone wants to share are welcome.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any reason you'd not consider using the inbuilt ability to sync across your local wifi network? I mention it only because it's there already and it works and so avoids the doubtless challenges of trying to get AirDrop to work as seamlessly as wifi sync does.

Stephen

• jnrever
    jnrever
    Community Member
    Options

Good point Stephen! For me wifi sync had been inconsistent in the past so I didn't consider it. But I've moved since the last time I tried wifi sync and with that move came a different ISP and a different router. Might make a difference. Just tried a wifi sync and it worked no problem. I'll attempt syncing frequently over the next couple of days and post results here.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad Wi-Fi Sync is working well for you, @jnrever! We made a lot of improvements to it, so it should continue to work very well. Please keep us posted, though.

• jnrever
    jnrever
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Wifi sync continued to be a problem. I was suspicious it was my antiquated iPod and had an iPhone on order so waited to post here until now. After several days using the new iPhone and syncing multiple times a day there hasn't been a single issue syncing via wifi. The culprit was the old iPod.

@khad and Stephen: Problem solved. Thanks as always for your support!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jnrever‌

I'm so glad to hear that @khad and @Stephen_C were able to get things solved for you!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.