Copy button still randomly disappears

Options
Carroll
Carroll
Community Member

The copy button in 1P app still randomly disappears before I can click on it. As near as I can tell the last discussion of this was closed months ago.
1P 4.4.1 (441008) Agile Web Store
OS 10.9.4

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Carroll‌,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about this. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

Can you tell me some more details?

Does it make a difference which field you are trying to copy?

Would you be willing to try the latest beta version of 1Password?

Looking forward to getting this sorted out for you.

Cheers!

• Carroll
    Carroll
    Community Member
    Options

The only fields I copy daily are username and password. I installed 4.4.2.BETA-4 (build #442004) on one of our computers. Since this problem appears to be quite random, I'll post again the first time it shows up or in a week or so if it hasn't occurred.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That sounds like a good plan. Please keep me posted. If it does happen again in 4.4.2.BETA-4, I'd love to know if it is specify to Logins or if you also see it happen in items from other categories.

Cheers!

• Carroll
    Carroll
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4.4.2.BETA-4 (442004) Agile Beta has been good until today. When I pointed to the username and password fields for an item, the copy button disappeared immediately, and I point and click fast. Mousing off and back on again made them available. Since this happens so infrequently, it is difficult to check other fields.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Carroll,

Unfortunately, the infrequency of this bug makes it much more difficult to reproduce, which makes it even more difficult to squash. As @khad says above, we'd love to know if you can determine if is specific to Logins or if it happens in other categories as well. Additionally, try to be aware if anything you do prior to noticing this bug seems to have an effect (for example: it only happens immediately after unlocking, or if you click on the menu bar before attempting to access the button.)

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm giving you homework here, but the more detail we can get from you, the more likely we'll be able to follow in your footsteps and reproduce the bug, and then we're in a much better position to get our developers to make things behave properly. :)

This discussion has been closed.