1Password doesn't show up on HockeyApp

MikeT
edited September 2014 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Beta will not install on iOS 8 GM [Reinstall 1Password with a new copy from HA].

Comments

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

How do I install the HockeyApp on my iPhone? I can't find the link?

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

I have HockeyApp installed but I get the message that I don't have any registered devices. My iPhone shows up in the app as a registered device, but I don't know what to from here. Obviously I goofed somewhere along the line...

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

Shouldn't a download link appear in my HockeyApp application which allows me to download the latest 1Password beta? Both my registered devices are there, but no links for download appear.
    Thanks, Ron...

• Hi @RonFisk,

Did you sign up to be a beta tester and got accepted? I can't find you on our list.

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

That's a great question! I thought I did. I'm signed up as a beta tester on 1Password for OSX 01.10 and thought I was also signed up for iOS-8. Where would I find out? BTW did you find my name on the list for OSX?
    Thanks, Ron...

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Mike, I should be registered under r*@c.net (Edited), at least that's where both my iPad and iPhone are registered with HockeyApp.
    I am running: Version 4.5.BETA-24 (450024) Agile Beta

• Hi @RonFisk,

I'm signed up as a beta tester on 1Password for OSX 01.10 and thought I was also signed up for iOS-8.

1Password for Mac betas do not require anybody to sign up, it's open to everybody. iOS 8 requires an approval from us as we're restricted by Apple on how many devices we can use for beta testers and right now, I can't find you on our list. We don't have an open spot available right now for the iOS beta team.

Where would I find out?

Check your emails, we would've sent you the email if we've approved you and then explain how to use HockeyApp.

Do you recall when you signed up? We haven't had an open spot for more than a month.

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

I received an email with a link to the HockeyApp and I assumed it was a result of my request for the beta download link. Why would I have been sent that link and instructions for registering my devices if I hadn't been approved? If I'm not approved then I guess I'm not approved, but why would I have been sent the link in the first place?

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Mike, I just noticed that the link was sent to 1m****@c****.net which is another of my email addresses. Could that be the problem?

• MikeT
    edited October 2014

Hi @RonFisk,

I received an email with a link to the HockeyApp and I assumed it was a result of my request for the beta download link. Why would I have been sent that link and instructions for registering my devices if I hadn't been approved?

Can you tell me who sent you that email? I can follow up to see what's going on.

which is another of my email addresses. Could that be the problem?

That's not on the list either, I also scanned for Ron Fisk and it's not there either.

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

Mile, Thanks for your help. Put me on your beta list if an opening occurs. Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking forward to the GM release.

• Hi @RonFisk,

We'll be switching over to TestFlight the moment Apple opens it up to external testers. Please stay tuned to the forum and our Twitter account as we'll likely start asking more folks when this happens.

• RonFisk
    RonFisk
    Community Member

Thanks for the heads up. Will do!

• No problem!

This discussion has been closed.