Table View not updating on edit/delete

PilotConway
PilotConway
Community Member

I just edited a login in the latest iOS build (updated yesterday 9/28) and after saving the edit I returned to the Login list. The list item for the login I changed still showed the old login information (I changed the username). I then when back to the Categories table view, clicked login again and the table view refreshed properly.

I also tried deleting a login and on returning to the table view the login continued to appear in the list until I went back and re-entered the login table view.

This is on the latest official iOS release, 8.0.2 on iPhone 6.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PilotConway‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in to us! I just tested on my device, and while I am seeing a bit of a delay in the update of the table view, it does update without needing to switch back to the Categories view. Could you please give me a bit more information about your setup there?

• What is the version number of 1Password? (You can find the version number in the Settings pane, below 'Recommend 1Password')
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?
  • PilotConway
    PilotConway
    Community Member

5.1 beta and Dropbox.

I tried again today and I see it was updating quickly so must have been something happening yesterday. I'll keep an eye out if I see it happens again and if I can find a method to reproduce.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PilotConway,

Thanks for confirming that you're on the beta version of 1Password ... I'll move your post into the beta forum so that our beta gurus can better advise you. In any case, I'm glad to hear that things seem to be behaving better today. :)

• PilotConway
    PilotConway
    Community Member

Oops sorry. Thought I had selected the beta forum before I posted! Guess after I logged in I got kicked back to the regular one.

• Hi @PilotConway,

Have you been able to reproduce this yet? I'm not able to reproduce this on my iPhone with the latest beta.

Could it be related to the type of change you made? Do you recall what you were doing in the first time this happened and if yes, can you explain what it was, so I can try to replicate it.

One thing that comes in mind is that we recently changed how the rich icon works when you change the website as you edit the item. The moment you leave the website field, it'll automatically update the icon now. I wonder if that may cause some kind of lag to how it refreshes after you save it.

• PilotConway
    PilotConway
    Community Member

I have not been able to reproduce yet.

I was editing a username. I changed the name, hit back and noticed that it was showing the old one. Went into the login, saw it was changed there, went back still old so I quit the app (quit from multitasking with the swipe up). Went back to the login and it was changed. I then removed another login, back to the table view and the old login was still there. This time I just swiped back to the categories view then clicked logins again and it was correctly removed.

I only saw it happen then though and I haven't seen it since. I guess there could have been a sync or something else happening in the background maybe?

• Hi @PilotConway‌,

1Password does start syncing the new changes the moment you saved it. However, your local and remote databases are stored separately, the local data is refreshed right away and 1Password will then just push it to the remote database before uploading it to the cloud.

It sounds like the app may have refreshed too early and it wouldn't refresh until another change occurs first.

This discussion has been closed.