[Feature request] Wi-Fi syncing

Radoc
Radoc
Community Member

Recent iOS betas (I'm using 5.1 501014) seem to automatically sync when they detect a suitable Mac OS app on the network. I assume that the intent is to make Wi-Fi syncing as seamless as Dropbox or iCloud syncing. However, it doesn't allow for the use case where one iOS device is synced with more than one Mac on the same network, which is something I've done reliably before. Even if you have the Wi-Fi sync window open on only one Mac at a time, it would be good to have an option that would require the user to select the Mac they're about to sync with on the iOS side every time so there's no ambiguity about which pair of devices is syncing. Thanks.

Comments

• Hi @Radoc,

. However, it doesn't allow for the use case where one iOS device is synced with more than one Mac on the same network, which is something I've done reliably before.

The 1Password app on the iOS device cannot sync to more than one paired Mac for security reasons. That's why we use the secret code, it allows 1Password to pair the device with the Mac. If you want to change to a different Mac, you have to disable the Wi-Fi sync in the 1Password app on the iOS device and re-enable it to tap on the different Mac to enter its code to pair it.

Even if you have the Wi-Fi sync window open on only one Mac at a time, it would be good to have an option that would require the user to select the Mac they're about to sync with on the iOS side every time so there's no ambiguity about which pair of devices is syncing.

When 1Password 5 for Mac is available, the Wi-Fi sync window will be gone and it'll be integrated with the main 1Password app, allowing for automatic sync as long as the main 1Password app is unlocked.

Multiple Macs will show up on the list when you enable the Wi-Fi sync for you to sync with. Here's a screenshot:

This discussion has been closed.