Need help getting started

David Mizell
David Mizell
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Lounge

I've never had more password hassles than I have since implimenting 1password. Do I have to be a programmer? I can't get it to work properly and it doesn't work for apps. This is an app based society therefore your program is archaic. Please prove me wrong and stupid.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

There a several folks here who give really expert help, but you haven't given them much to work with. You'll probably get the help you need if you describe the issues you are having.

I can comment that for it to work with apps in the present version (5.0.1), the apps must include the relevant code to permit it to pass credentials. There is a growing list of such applications, but not that many yet. But the ability to do that all all only became possible when Apple allowed it with the release of iOS 8. So it is going to take time for other developers to embrace 1Password.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

And that's assuming you're talking about iOS and not Android, or even Windows or Mac if "app" is used in the colloquial. You need to provide a little more detail about your setup and what you can't "get to work properly".

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I never even thought about Android. Oops!

This discussion has been closed.