Use iOS app to unlock 1Password forn Mac/PC?

Options
abhibeckert
abhibeckert
Community Member

1Password on my mac has a long password that I hate typing in two or three times a day.

It would be nice if it could see that my phone is on the same wifi network, or perhaps use bluetooth low energy, which would allow unlocking... perhaps just tapping "OK" on the iOS device.

Perhaps the master password could be kept on the mac encrypted with a private key stored on the iOS device...

Something like knocktounlock.com or SQRL

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @abhibeckert,

Thanks for taking the time to write in to us. It's always so great to hear from people who love 1Password as much as we do. We're always looking to make 1Password the best and most user-friendly it can be, and your suggestions are always much appreciated! While we can't directly discuss our future plans, I have noted down your request and we will look into it.

• chasebtb
    chasebtb
    Community Member
    Options

I second a request for SQRL implementation. Very cool stuff, though still in development.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @chasebtb! Perhaps once v4 has been solidified (i.e. released for Android and Windows) SQRL will be a bit further along in their development process and we will have time to take a closer look.

• asriznet
    asriznet
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with Knock. It allows users to unlock their mac by knocking their iphone twice quickly.

Would be cool if there's a way we can integrate this feature to unlock 1Password Master password in such manner, which is quick yet secure(i think).

I mean it would allow the user to unlock 1Password in half a second which is quite productive for me since I use my computer a lot.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @asriznet‌

I've moved your post into an existing discussion - you're not the first person to suggest such a feature! :) I'll be sure to tell our developers that you're keen to have the option of unlocking 1Password 4 for Mac using the iOS app.

ref: OPM-1972

• mkwerle
    mkwerle
    Community Member
    Options

I would love it if it were possible to use the fingerprint reader on the iPhone to unlock your Mac -- maybe through a custom Today screen item that took you directly to 1Password, which could then unlock your Mac? Same with the 1Password master password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mkwerle‌,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here! With TouchID open to third-party developers on iOS, there are certainly a lot of exciting opportunities to explore. :)

This discussion has been closed.