Could not find 1Password information on iCloud [Resolved - switch to Dropbox]

Options
billandjj
billandjj
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I get this message every time! I know the data exists because I'm able to use 1Password on 1 computer and 4 mobile devices. Please help!

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It might be worth detailing versions of 1Password and OS on each of these devices. I'm wondering if you've upgraded one of iOS devices to iOS 8 and enabled iCloud Drive? If you have my understanding is it messes up everything for any device or machine not iCloud Drive aware. According to Apple

What if I already upgraded to iCloud Drive but still have devices with iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks?

You won't be able to use iCloud Drive on these devices until you update to iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite. If you already upgraded your account and need to use a device that doesn't support iCloud Drive, you can still work on your documents locally, but they won't be kept up to date with documents on your devices with iOS 8 or OS X Yosemite, or on iCloud.com.

Could this explain what you're seeing?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billandjj‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • if you are using 1Password on any iOS devices that have been upgraded to iOS 8? If so, have you upgraded to iCloud Drive on those devices?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• billandjj
    billandjj
    Community Member
    Options

Computers are using 4.4.1 and mobile devices are using 5.0.1. Yes, upgraded to iOS8 on mobile devices and yes, I did upgrade to iCloud Drive.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billandjj,

Thanks for confirming that. Unfortunately, the upgrading to 1Password 5 for iOS and iCloud Drive is likely where things have gotten tangled up. Please have a read through our Announcement about iCloud (posted in the iOS forum): Attention all iCloud users! (Important changes in 1Password 5, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8).

I recommend switching to Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync at least until OS X 10.10 Yosemite is released.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here - if you have more questions, I'd be happy to help!

• billandjj
    billandjj
    Community Member
    Options

Am I able to switch to Dropbox without losing data?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billandjj,

We've got a handy guide to help you switch to Dropbox sync. In 1Password 4, your data is always stored locally on your device in addition to the cloud, so you should be able to make the switch without losing any data.

If you hit any snags, do let us know - we're here to help!

• billandjj
    billandjj
    Community Member
    Options

Everything went smoothly. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billandjj‌

Whoo! I'm glad to hear that worked for you!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.