1Password icon no longer in browser extensions

crazydiamond23
crazydiamond23
Community Member

Ok so yes, I did an update and quite frankly, I'm not even sure what update I did but I know it wasn't the IOS8. My 1Password icon initially did not appear in my tool bar as it did prior to the update so I went to extensions and reset it. However, that feature no longer works as it did before and this is frustrating as hell. I go to a site, login screen pops up and I click on my 1Password icon and it gives me the filler to login. Pretty simple and easy even for an old fart like me. NOW this does not work since the upgrade. Why? Now I get the following error message "There is no application set to open the URL onepassword4-extension://activate/Safari" so just what am I supposed to do? One thing I tried was actually treating me as though I had never purchased the program which is not true. I just want my flashlight icon back and working as it did before. Any help would be greatly appreciate.image

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You need to make sure you have the Safari 1P4 extension installed and if you've done that and it still doesn't work please try restarting your Mac and see if that helps.

Stephen

• I suspect you updated your mac to 10.9.5 and yeah, the updated Safari disables all extensions - not entirely sure why but Safari should have warned you when you first launched it. Assuming this is the case check out this sticky. It tells you how to re-enable your existing extensions.

• Hi @crazydiamond23‌,

Did you figure this out yet? It sounds like what littlebobby said, you updated your OS to 10.9.5 and for some reasons, it disabled all extensions in Safari. You just have to re-enable 1Password extension in Safari's Preferences > Extensions and restart Safari to see if that'll work. You may have to make sure the main 1Password application is opened once as well after an OS X update. Sometime the update would reset 1Password to be unauthorized on the Mac and you have to open it once to authorize it.

This discussion has been closed.