DropBox syncing has failed

Options
DTFrench
DTFrench
Community Member

I sent an email to support five days ago. Then resent it as urgent and still have received not one human reply. It is disappointing that email support seems non-existent. I am reposting my problem description here.

For the last five days I have been unable to sync 1Password on my MBAir. I have tried to re-establish syncing, but each attempt fails.

Nothing happens except another failure when I enter my master password in the window that pops up after I select the correct dropbox folder for my primary vault. After entering the MasterPW for 1Password the failure to sync message reappears.

There is no issue on my desktop MacMini. 1Password continues to synchronize there with DropBox. I also am able to synchronize 1Password via DropBox on my iPhone.

I am running Mac OS 10.8.5. 1Password 4.4.1 (441006).

I have tried restarting my MBAir, but with the same result.

In addition I have tried removing and reinstalling 1Password from the App Store.

What other troubleshooting steps can you suggest?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DTFrench,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been waiting a while to hear back from our support team. We've been a bit busier than usual since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS, but we're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

I've found your email in our system based on the email address that you have attached to your forum account and have gathered as many details about your situation as I can.

I'm glad to hear that your Mac Mini and your iPhone are continuing to sync properly with Dropbox. It does make me wonder where things are getting tangled up on your MacBook Air.

I have tried both my master password for 1Password and for DropBox. It rejects the DropBox password and just jiggles. After the MasterPW for 1Password the failure to sync message reappears.

The password required here is the Master Password for your 1Password vault, not your Dropbox password. (Our developers are working to make this more clear in an update - you're not the only one who has been unsure here!)

Could you please tell me what exactly the failure to sync message that pops up says?

ref: WTA-95496-146

• DTFrench
    DTFrench
    Community Member
    Options

In my forum posting I tried to make it clear that I am using my 1P Master Password. The failure message merely says:

"1Password Sync
    Problem detected
    Update preferences Ignore Fix"

When I select Fix, I repeat the process with the same result.

Please provide some trouble shooting steps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DTFrench,

I apologize for misunderstanding! If you are unable to re-set sync in Preferences > Sync after seeing the message, I think we'll need to take a closer look at your system to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac (the one that's acting up):
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email(s) before you hit "Send":

[#WTA-95496-146]

This will link your diagnostics to your existing emails in our system. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

• DTFrench
    DTFrench
    Community Member
    Options

I did as you requested and emailed the report with the code in the header. Will your reply come via email or via this discussion?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DTFrench,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread and marked it as 'urgent' so that it gets attention just as soon as possible. Someone from the support team will get back to you with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: WTA-95496-146

• DTFrench
    DTFrench
    Community Member
    Options

Ok. Glad the report was received. I will keep an eye on my email for the support team's reply. :)

• Hi @DTFrench‌,

Keep an eye on your inbox, I just replied to you via email.

This discussion has been closed.