1Password not compatible with this iPhone [Using iTunes to download updates instead of iPhone]

Options
millerstudio
millerstudio
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I recently read a closed discussion: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28779/the-latest-sync-with-itunes-has-just-broken-1password-on-my-iphone4-resolved an am experiencing the same issues. However...

I have an iPhone 5. It is a replacement for my old iPhone 5 that "died". So, I did a complete restore from the backup on my MacBook Pro using iTunes. I prefer not to use iCloud to back up everything. I too am having updating issues with the same three apps mentioned in the above discussion. 1Password, Find Friends, and Find My iPhone. These three apps are not being installed because, as the error reads, "Some of the apps in your iTunes library, including "1Password", were not installed on the iPhone "My Name iPhone" because they are not compatible with this iPhone."

I have NOT upgraded to iOS 8. I am still running iOS 7.1.2. I tried to find answers in Apple's discussion forum (https://discussions.apple.com/message/26622355#26622355) but have had no reply.

I too still have these apps on my iPhone. They have not vanished. They just won't seem to "update." Any suggestions from you guys to correct this?

Thanks in advance.image

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @millerstudio,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately. This is a really strange issue - I've never heard of this being a problem before.

You say that the apps are still visible on your device. Are they by chance greyed out? This generally means that they are waiting to be downloaded. Tapping on the app should initiate the download again.

If you have previously purchased 1Password 4 for iOS, you can certainly continue to use it on your iOS 7 device. If you need to re-download it, it will be available in the App Store > Updates > Purchases.

Please let me know if I'm incorrect about the apps being greyed out and we'll investigate further. :)

• millerstudio
    millerstudio
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

No, none of the three apps, including 1Password are greyed-out on my iPhone. They appear and function as normal. All my apps and data are backed up to my computer, not iCloud. Every time there are app updates, as I have always done, I download them to my computer first, and then I do an update to my iPhone. Ever since I did a restore to my replacement iPhone (see my previous post), this issue has been occurring.

Very strange.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

@millerstudio‌ In iTunes, if you right click on an app and select Get Info you can see what version of an app you have. If I was a gambling man I'd say in iTunes do you maybe have version 4.0 of Find My iPhone and 5.0.1 of 1Password (I've left out Find Friends as it isn't one I use). If I've correctly guessed the version numbers for both of those apps in your iTunes library then I believe what you're seeing is iTunes correctly identifying that these iOS 8 only apps won't work on your iOS 7 device.

Best guess? delete them from your iTunes library, and let iTunes download them from your iPhone in the next sync. Then just don't download the new versions if iTunes suggests you do, at least until you're ready to try out iOS 8.

Oh and a word of note, supposedly a PDF flaw has been found in iOS 7 and below so there's a teensy tiny security reason to consider updating now.

• Hi @millerstudio,

DId littlebobbytables's suggestion help? He's correct that if you let iTunes update your apps, it might download the iOS 8-only updates and that'll be found not compatible with your iPhone running iOS 7. You're bound to see more of these as you keep using iTunes to download more iOS 8 versions of your apps.

This discussion has been closed.