Master Password field not visible on iPad in Landscape mode [Known Issue, working on a fix]

Options
IscariotJ
IscariotJ
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Hi,

I've just upgraded my Air to iOS 8 and installed 1Pv5 ( nice update, btw ), but have noticed a slight problem in that the password entry box in the app, and the Safari extension, aren't visible with the iPad in landscape, it's hidden by the keyboard. It isn't a huge problem, but it's a little disconcerting typing without seeing anything appear....

Thanks

John

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IscariotJ‌

Thanks so much for bringing this issue to our attention! Our developers are already looking into this issue. We know it's rather annoying. We'll do what we can to get this fixed as soon as possible!

ref: OPI-1645

• IscariotJ
    IscariotJ
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

That's brill, thank you, appreciate the fast response....

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @IscariotJ‌

Happy to help! We're here if you have any further questions or concerns :)

• kerjlyn74
    kerjlyn74
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to let you know I have the same issue too.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Really? Wonder why I'm not seeing the same? The master password field is fully visible above the keyboard on my iPad Air in landscape orientation. iOS 8 and 5.01 of 1PW.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Try rotating it around, it'll eventually put it on top of the master password field. We can easily reproduce it on our devices and we plan to fix this soon.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - not so far. No matter how often I switch from portrait to landscape, including 360 degree rotations repeatedly, it still doesn't happen. For me. I suppose I shouldn't worry when a bug doesn't inflict me!

• Hi @hawkmoth,

Or you have a special iPad. Was it a clean iOS 8 install?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@MikeT - Never mind me. I do, in fact, see that the master password field is obscured by the keyboard in landscape orientation in the Safari extension. If I could take back my negative report, I would. I really don't have a good excuse. Shall we delete the back-and-forth that my erroneous report generated? :#

• HI @Hawkmoth,

I have no recollection of what you're talking about.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

How good of you to forget my posts in this thread!

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

I still have no idea what you're talking about. :smiling_imp:

This discussion has been closed.