1Password 4 Mac Installation

Stewart McGill
Stewart McGill
Community Member

I have a family license & I was trying to install 1Password 4 Mac on a family Macbook. Unfortunately, something went wrong and I am not able to log in with the assigned master password on this Mac. I tried reinstalling the app, but it does not reinitialize to set a new master password. It simply displays the login screen requiring a master password. How can I reset everything to do an installation from scratch?

Comments

• Here's the guide you're after.

Watch out for step 2, that has instructions depending on where you purchased 1Password and you're after the 2nd part titled If you use the version of 1Password from the AgileBits store:

I'm confident you're aware of it anyway but just a word of warning, this will remove the old vault so hopefully you have nothing in there that you can't afford to lose.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014

Hi guys,

@Stewart McGill, did littlebobbytables's guide link help you get back up and running with 1Password?

If the issue is that you recently change the master password, you can also restore from an early backup and see if you can get back into the app with the previous master password.

• Stewart McGill
    Stewart McGill
    Community Member

@MikeT Yes, the guide was just what I needed to reset the environment and initiate a clean install - worked great! Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Stewart,

On behalf of @littlebobbytables and @MikeT, you're very welcome. Great to hear you're back on track now with a clean slate. Let us know if you have any other issues or questions; we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.