can I see an unencrypted list of my passwords? [Use the search options to search for your passwords]

Options
pst333
pst333
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I use lifelock and they notified me that one of my passwords, ending in Bw, is currently for sale on a black market site. I need to see which of my approximately 75 passwords this is, so I can change it - anybody know a better way of finding it than opening each and every log in, one by one, and revealing each password one by one? Is there a way to see either an unencrypted list, or a list of all passwords that just shows the last couple or few characters?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @pst333,

Yes, there is a way to search through your entire database for a specific password. Here's a screenshot of me searching through my database looking for a password ending in Bw.

Here's how to do this:

1. Open the main 1Password app, unlock, and click on the search icon in the search field, select Show Search Options
    2. Set it to Search All Items, Password ends with and enter the characters you want.
    3. You can press Save on top right to save it as a smart folder, so that you can review the list as you change the password for each site. As you change the password, the smart folder will update to remove that item as it no longer matches the search's parameters.

I hope that helps.

• pst333
    pst333
    Community Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!!!!

• You're absolutely welcome!

This discussion has been closed.