Syncing 1Password 5 for iOS via Wi-Fi

Options
ichi
ichi
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I had a disaster loosing all data from an iPhone. The process from Apple doesn't point out clearly the risk at least I didn't see any recommendation very clearly.

But at least I thought to be help and saved with 1 password to reinstall all the passwords.

Nope… No way to use anymore the iCloud sync. 1 password invoke another new version of the app.

And also 1 password invoke a version of mac OX not yet released ! Is this a joke ? Couldn't Agile Bits let know its customers by simple email that had such a bad issue ?! …
That would be minimum respect for them !
I payed the version 3, then very recently the 4th. Time for the 5th !
This is bad.
So more iCloud sync for us now…

I thought I could at least sync with Wifi. The process went in a disaster with so many error invoked by 1 password from the iPhone.

I will give up on being help by 1 password, and will enter all the password the old way. Too bad. I will remember the OS 8 install as nightmare.

Comments

• ichi
    ichi
    Community Member
    Options

A misspell : So no more iCloud sync for us now…

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ichi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting the 1Password upgrade sorted out! I'd be happy to help you out here.

Unfortunately, because Apple has made some big changes to iCloud for iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 1Password 5 for iOS will be unable to sync via iCloud to 1Password 4 for Mac. We recommend switching to Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync while we all eagerly await the release of Yosemite.

You mention seeing some errors with Wi-Fi sync - could you provide a bit more detail here? If I know a bit more about where things are getting tangled up, we should be able to get it straightened out!

• ichi
    ichi
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that the preference in the app showed again a iCloud Synch. It doesn't invoke another new version of the app anymore.
    After trying to do the synch, no synch, no luck.

Can you Megan, explain all that ?

Is there a way to use this app with Mac and iPhone ?

• ichi
    ichi
    Community Member
    Options

Oups, this isn't iCloud anymore.
    Or at least it is very weird :
    on the iPhone side it says sometime iCloud, then it change to CloudKit !
    Can AgileBits explains this confusion ?

• ichi
    ichi
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,
    Regarding a WiFi synch, I cannot get any mistake number. It just doesn't react at all on the iPhone side.
    It looks like there is only one way to sync through DropBox.
    I will look for alternative.

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @ichi,

In 1Password 5, iCloud support was rewritten from the ground up to use CloudKit, a new technology from Apple that’s built into iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). It's not possible to use the new iCloud sync with 1Password for Mac at the moment, therefore you can't sync to 1Password 5 for iOS using iCloud right now.

However, Wi-Fi sync should be working correctly. Just to clarify, are you able to successfully complete all the steps in the Wi-Fi sync instructions, but nothing happens after that? Thanks in advance for the additional info!

This discussion has been closed.