Sync to iPad Air iOS 8 [Resolved]

Options
1NoahTN
1NoahTN
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

Did a sync this morning from an existing iMac OS 10.9.5 to an iPad Air iOS 8.0.2 using a Wi Fi system in my home. 1Password version 5.0.1 was downloaded from Apple Store just before the sync. All data was transferred with no apparent problems. However when I try to use the iPad to connect to a web site nothing happens. There seems to be a disconnect to Safari. I did a "hard restart" on the iPad and nothing changed. I am not an experienced user of the iPad which means I am probably doing something wrong. One thing does concern me - when I look at Settings > 1Password on the iPad, the only thing showing is an On/Off Switch for "Background App Refresh". Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you looked at the manual pages about using the extension for Safari? It's worth the time to read. If you have, pardon the reminder. Here in the link.

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, it always helps to read the manual first. This solved all my problems except I still do not have any "settings" for the 1Password app. Any suggestions on this problem?

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

The "settings tab" is missing from my download of 1Password. Is this normal for the basic free version from the Apple Store? Do I have a corrupted download? Thanks.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @1NoaTN,

Can you share a screenshot with us, so we can see what you're seeing? [Edited to remove the wrong screenshot]

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies, I do not know how to do a screen shot on the iPad and send it to you using my computer which I am using to contact you. I can find nothing that looks like your screen shot on the iPad. When I click on "Settings" on the home page of my iPad, there appears a split screen with an icon for 1Password and all the other apps on the iPad like Music, Videos, Wi Fi etc. on the left side of the screen. When I click on the 1Password app on the left side of the screen, all I see on the right side of the screen is an "on/off" switch titled "Background App Refresh" and I don't have a clue as to what this switch does. When I click on any of the other apps on the left side, I get all the adjustable setting for that app on the right side of the screen. Thanks.

• Hi @1NoahTN,

You're looking at the iOS's Settings app, that's just for the overall iOS settings and it is not the 1Password settings you're looking for.

You have to tap on the 1Password icon on your iPad to open the 1Password app and on the bottom left, you'll see a gear icon, this is the settings for 1Password. Here are the screenshots (I do apologize, I realized the last screenshot was of iPhone, not the iPad):

• 1NoahTN
    1NoahTN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT. This answers my question. Thanks for being so patient with a newbie like me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @1NoahTN‌

I'm so glad to hear that @MikeT was able to help you. (It took me a few moments to find the Settings icon at the bottom of my iPad screen too!)

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you, especially if you're a newbie. :)

This discussion has been closed.