Changes to Master Password do not sync [Resolved]

Options
dstub70
dstub70
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I changed my 1Password master password on my iMac and it works fine. However, now there are problems with 1Password on my iPhone5 and iPad2. (I have not upgrade to iOS 8 and have been syncing through Dropbox.) (1) iPhone does not recognize the new password, but opens with the old one. (2) When my iPad2 did not recognize the new password, as was the case with the iPhone, I changed the password to the new one through the iPad. It then would recognize neither the old nor new password. I reinstalled Dropbox (reinstall seems to have gone ok.) I then deleted 1Password from my iPad and it now will not reinstall (error message says something about it being incompatible with my iPad.) Any thoughts about where to go from here. Thanks.

Dave

Comments

• dstub70
    dstub70
    Community Member
    Options

This is an addendum to my earlier post. Is there any reason I can't delete the current iOS version of 1Password and go back in Time Machine and restore an earlier version that is compatible with iOS 7?

Dave

• dstub70
    dstub70
    Community Member
    Options

This is a second addendum to my original post: I've got 1Password installed and working on my iMac, iPhone 5, and iPad 2. But here's what's puzzling. My iMac and iPad 2 are using the new master password, but the iPhone is still using the old one. When I changed the password on one device, shouldn't it have caused it to change on all of them? (Again, I'm using iOS 7 and Dropbox.)

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @dstub70,

Sorry for the trouble! When you change your master password, it should sync to all devices. However, some users have reported that the master password doesn't always sync, and our developers are still investigating this.

Since your master password didn't sync to your iPhone, please update the master password manually to match (under Settings > Security). That should get things working for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• dstub70
    dstub70
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP,

I went a different route to solve the problem (changed master password not syncing to devices). On the devices (iPhone & iPad), I deleted 1Password and then reinstalled it. It then synced with Dropbox. My initial mistake was trying to reinstall 1Password by syncing with my iMac, which resulted in trying to install the new version for iOS8 on devices that were using iOS7. That said, your solution would have been more efficient, although seems to me I tried it earlier in the process but without success. Anyhow, problem has been solved. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dstub70,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to find a solution here, although I do apologize that it was a bit of a process.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.