iCloud syncing problem

Options
danescobar
danescobar
Community Member

I changed a password on my mac, it will not sync on my other mac or my iphone. THe old password still shows up. I deleted the icloud backups and started over again on all the devices, but now this particular account doesn't even show up on my iphone. any suggestions?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @danescobar‌,

Have you seen our Announcement at the top of the forum?

Attention all iCloud users! (Important changes in 1Password 5, OS X 10.10 and iOS 8)

Unfortunately, due to changes by Apple to iCloud, 1Password 5 for iOS 8 is currently unable to sync via iCloud with 1Password 4 for Mac. Please consider using Dropbox or Wi-Fi to keep your data synced up until Yosemite is released. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You may need to describe your setup in more detail. For example, if you upgraded your iPhone to iOS 8 (or you own an iPhone 6) then you would have been offered the option to upgrade to iCloud Drive. If you did that iCloud is broken to you until Yosemite is released. If you are running iOS 8 but declined the update to iCloud Drive then while your macs will at least be able to still use iCloud, if you're running 1Password 5 for iOS it won't be able to use iCloud sync for the moment as it relies on CloudKit, Apple's new approach to iCloud app syncing. Some details can be found in a sticky thread in this forum.

As you can see, what you're running has a significant impact on your options. If you can details OS versions and 1Password versions then somebody will be able to give you much more directed advice.

• danescobar
    danescobar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, i thought I looked at all the announcements but I guess i missed that one. Syncing is working with dropbox.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danescobar‌

I'm glad to hear you're all synced up! There are a lot of places to look for information, I don't blame you for missing one. :)

If you have any further questions, you know where to find us.

This discussion has been closed.