Update error

Options

I am trying to update to 3.8.22 and I keep getting an error on trying to extract the archives. I am Mac OS X 10.9.5. I also just noticed the 1Password icon is not on my Safari browser all of a sudden. I don't think I have done any updates or anything to cause this, but, hey, who knows...

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

To be quite clear, you're not using 1P4 and have not updated to that, is that correct? If that's the case and you don't want to update to 1P4 at the moment I or someone else will move your post to the 1Password 3 for Mac forum, where you'll get more help.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @purrdoc,

As @Stephen_C mentioned, I've moved your post to the 1Password 3 for Mac forum, just so we can keep things organized.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble updating to the latest version of 1Password 3 for Mac. Please try downloading a fresh version from here: legacy versions of 1Password 3. Once it is downloaded, simply drag it into your Applications folder - you should get a message asking if you would like to replace the existing app, confirm this. (Your data is stored in a separate location, so this won't have any effect on it.)

As far as the extension goes, you can get the version 3 extensions here: extension download page.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here to help!

• purrdoc
    purrdoc
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry about the confusion. I can update to 1P4 if that is what is recommended. I thought that was where I was headed, but it looks like I am just continuing to update 1P3, right? So, do I just go to the website and DL the newest version, or do I need to do something differently to upgrade so everything integrates and I am not starting over? Thanks for your patience!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @purrdoc,

If you'd like to upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac, I can certainly provide the instructions for that as well.

• Head over to our upgrade page and enter your current license information to get a great discount on a license for 1Password 4 for Mac.
    • You can download 1Password 4 for Mac here: downloads page
    • There are instructions on what to do the first time you open 1Password 4 for Mac to walk you through the upgrade process, including updating to the latest and greatest browser extensions.

This should get you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, you know where to find us. :)

This discussion has been closed.