Wrong Master Password?

Options
AgileByte
AgileByte
Community Member

Hi all,

Okay, I have 1Password with 4 vaults on my Dropbox shared successfully between two desktop computers. The "Primary" vault is empty and simply serves as a master password that can unlock all the 3 others if desired.

Now, I also have 1Password (just updated to 5.1) on my iPhone. I don't know what happened, but somehow the "Master Password" on the iPhone is the password of one of the non-primary desktop vaults.

1. How can I get this to be the "Primary" master password?
  2. I'm afraid if I change the iPhone Master Password it will change the password to one of my other vaults.

What happened here?

Thanks,

Doug

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Doug ( @AgileByte ),

Which vault did you first add to 1Password for iOS? Please note that all vaults have their own separate sync settings, so your primary vault on Mac isn't automatically going to be the 'primary' vault on your iOS device unless you sync this vault and add it to iOS.

Whichever vault you add first to 1Password for iOS will be treated as the 'primary'.

If you wish to have the same setup as you do on Mac, I would recommend starting fresh with 1Password 5 for iOS. First of all, you'll want to be sure that all your data is synced from your iOS device onto your Mac, of course.

You can then choose to sync your empty primary vault and set it up on iOS first, or create a new vault with a super-strong Master Password on your iOS device, and leave that one empty. Then you can add all your secondary vaults.

• AgileByte
    AgileByte
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome Megan. A little annoying to do but I will get it done. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks! Please let us know how it turns out.

• AgileByte
    AgileByte
    Community Member
    Options

It worked fine, just as you said.

• Ben
    Options

Perfect. Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.