Dropbox stopped syncing with iPhone 5S - Now get Vault Mismatch error.

Options
AngelaLynne
AngelaLynne
Community Member

Hi,

I realized my iPhone 5S 1Password app stopped syncing to Dropbox. When I tried to manually sync I get the following error:

Vault Mismatch
It appears that the data in the Primary vault is different from the vault you selected in Dropbox. We recommend that you do not merge these vaults.

Your Vault: Last updated Jun 1, 2014
Dropbox Vault: Last updated Jun 4, 2014.

Not sure how/why this happened and not sure what to do / how to correct this so my Dropbox Sync is working seamlessly in the background again where I don't have to worry about it and it just works.

Thanks in advance for the help.

~ Angela

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @AngelaLynne,

When you get the Vault Mismatch warning, please tap More Info. This will show details about the differences between the vaults. If the vault in Dropbox mostly matches the local vault (probably the most recent items will be the only difference), then tap Merge These Vaults Anyway.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• srogers
    srogers
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

I have the same problem, but I hesitated to pick "Merge Anyway" because the message says 1173 items, but in the main screen, it's 536 ( which is the right number). Am I going to get blasted with a zillion duplicates if I "merge"? BTW - I had the same thing happen on both the iPad and the iPhone - both stopped syncing on April 18, both give the same message with the same warning and weird item count. I'm also syncing on an iMac and a MacBook Pro - neither of them experienced the issue. Everything syncs via Dropbox.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @srogers,

When you merge the Dropbox vault with your local vault, you shouldn't end up with any duplicates. 1Password will know what items are the same.

Just to be safe, I would recommend saving a backup of your data. Please see this post for instructions to get a backup from the iOS app. The data on your Mac is already backup up automatically.

• clgood
    clgood
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same thing happen to my iOS devices. And didn't notice until weeks later. If the apps threw a sync warning I never saw it. It would be nice if there were a way to have the app badge itself as out of sync if it's unable to sync after a given time frame. I'd set it for, say, seven days.

No idea why it suddenly lost track of Dropbox. Suspicious that both the iPhone and iPad had lost sync around the same time.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @clgood,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it along to our developers. :)

• CaryTalbot
    CaryTalbot
    Community Member
    Options

Ditto here - for some reason, iOS app stopped syncing back on April 16. I noticed about a week ago that an entry was out of date on my iPhone but was current on all my other computers. This could lead to sticky situations when I don't have access to my computer and I use the data in my iPhone that stopped syncing some weeks back. A warning is needed when the database gets stale due to whatever is causing the syncing to stop working.

• srogers
    srogers
    Community Member
    Options

It would also be nice if there were some other options besides merge - like "replace the local one with the remote one" and "replace the remote one with this". For example, in my case, I know the remote one is the right one, because I never add info on mobile devices. But I can imagine a case where you've goofed up your master and your mobile device has your real info, and you want to get it back. "merge" is kind of scary in those situations.

• srogers
    srogers
    Community Member
    Options

BTW - merging on the iPhone was uneventful. I wound up with 554 items on the phone and 552 on the desktop - but probably I had renamed an couple of items during the weeks since the last sync. But then when I sync'd the iPad, the app crashed (crash report sent). Upon relaunching the iPad app, it had the right count (554 items) but started syncing again, and sent a lot of updates to Dropbox - repeated "20 items changed", "30 items changed" notices from Drop box on the iMac as updates came in. I tried a few old and new items, and it seems like everything was updated with correct info, but overall a scary process.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CaryTalbot‌

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here. I'm sorry that you've had some trouble with sync, I'll be sure to pass your thoughts along to our developers.

Hi @srogers,

I'm so glad to hear that merging your data ended up alright.

It would also be nice if there were some other options besides merge

Thanks for the feedback here! It is possible to replace the data on one device with the data from another, and if you find yourself in a situation where you would like to do so, our support team would be happy to provide you with the steps to do so. In general though, 1Password's merge should be good at updating those entries that need to be updated and getting everything sorted properly. I'd say that merging is a less scary process than deleting, but that's just me. :)

• jrennie
    jrennie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @clgood,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it > > along to our developers.

This really is a great idea: Dropbox synch seems to get disabled with monotonous regularity, and I only notice it because of 'missing' passwords which I know should be there. If synchronization doesn't 'just work' reliably, some warning is essential.

• Ben
    Options

@jrennie‌

If Dropbox is being disabled on a frequent basis we should get to the bottom of why that is happening. Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• dev88
    dev88
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem as @jrennie and have just sent in a Diagnostic Report to the support email.

• Ben
    Options

@dev88‌

Thanks!

ref: ILV-21397-548

• FredrikN
    FredrikN
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also having problems with Dropbox sync on my iPhone 5S. The sync is disabled almost once a day now. Will send a Diagnostics Report to your mail.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FredrikN,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Please note there is a known issue where Dropbox sync will need to be disconnected. My post in that link describes the workaround that most users have found effective.

Our developers are working on getting this fixed, and you should see an update soon that has Dropbox behaving properly. Of course, if my fix steps don't get things behaving for you, we'd love to take a look at that Diagnostics Report and determine where things are getting tangled!

• jrennie
    jrennie
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff I just sent a diagnostic, however that was BEFORE following Megan's link to the other thread; I am currently experiencing the same issue described there, so I'd suggest not doing anything more on my issue until the known Dropbox issue is fixed - they may well turn out to be the same thing..

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks for the update jrennie!

This discussion has been closed.