Unlock Failure After iOS 8.0.2 Upgrade? [Resolved]

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I waited a couple of weeks before upgrading my iPod Touch (quite recent) to iOS8. Now, 1Password doesn't recognize my Master PW - which I've entered (v-e-r-y carefully, several times). I AM entering the correct PW and the same PW opens 1PW on my iMac and other iToys - none of which are updated to newer software. My Keychain is synched through DropBox. I CAN see my files in DropBox from the iPod.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

OK - here's more.

My vault DOES open with the immediately previous MPW! When I asked to synch with my DropBox keychain, the reply was that the two vaults didn't match. The iPod vault was a 100% match. No number for the other. Way too many items reported in both - but I synched anyway.

Now, new items from the online vault show up in the iPod Vault - but the PW hasn't changed.

Do I need to upgrade 1PW to deal with this??

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @PeterW,

Sorry for the trouble! When you change your master password, it should sync to all devices. However, some users have reported that the master password doesn't always sync, and our developers are still investigating this.

Since your master password didn't sync to your iPod, please update the master password manually to match (under Settings > Security). That should get things working for you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jasper. I'm glad to know I'm not "alone". It does look as if all of my vault contents are synching - just not the MPW. Will do as you suggest.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PeterW,

I'm glad to hear that @JasperP was able to help you out here. I do apologize for the trouble though.

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.