Auto login for Chrome instead of in-app browser?

kbajus
kbajus
Community Member

I see that you can autologin from the beta app, but it opens an in-app browser. I'd prefer to select my default browser to be Chrome, so it opens the login page in a new tab in Chrome, then logs in. This way I can stay logged in and keep the tab open while browsing other tabs, etc... Is this possible?

Comments

• rspeed
    rspeed
    Community Member

I don't believe this is currently possible on Android, as it doesn't support extensions. Support for Chrome apps is coming soon, though that doesn't mean it will make this possible.

• The way we have traditionally provided integration with third-party browsers is through browser extensions. Unfortunately, the majority of mobile browsers on Android either do not support extensions or have very limited support. In particular, Chrome currently does not support extensions. While we don't have anything concrete yet, our development team is looking at alternative approaches to integrating with external browsers.

• gtfarrell
    gtfarrell
    Community Member

Firefox on Android has extensions!

• Yep, Firefox and Dolphin have support for plugins. We really like the IME idea, but this is also a great suggestion.

• kbajus
    kbajus
    Community Member

Could this be achieved through "sharing"? For instance, click a login icon, it opens the share window with a list of all browsers, then you select the browser, instead of relying on an extension or plugin?

• mmahon
    mmahon
    Community Member

How did the latest version of Lastpass for Android manage to incorporate this functionality in Chrome for Android?

• @kbajus: I don't think this can be achieved using the "sharing" capabilities on Android. The browser will need to know how to interpret the data, and that will require something like a browser extension.

@mmahon: I am not surprised. I am sure there is a way around it to make it work with Google Chrome and other applications. I was just saying Google Chrome does not officially support browser extensions like Firefox and Dolphin.

• kbajus
    kbajus
    Community Member

@mmahon‌ very promising to hear LastPass can do it. hopefully 1Password can too! C'mon devs!!!

• Thanks for your support, we really appreciate it. This is just the beginning for the beta on Android, we have a lot of cool stuff to come in the near future.

• kbajus
    kbajus
    Community Member

is there an outline or roadmap of the nifty new features?

• Unfortunately, no. We don't generally discuss what to expect unless it's already been implemented into 1Password - in case there are some issues during the development process.

• mikelward
    mikelward
    Community Member

Any update?

• Not yet.. but you'll hear from us very soon.

• jonchui
    jonchui
    Community Member

I'd love an update on this as well!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

They've just release a beta that includes app and external browser filling, although it only supports Lollipop.
    https://blog.agilebits.com/2014/11/22/avoiding-the-clipboard-with-1password-and-android-lollipop/

• As already mentioned, support for filling in external applications and browsers has been added to our latest beta for Lollipop users!

This discussion has been closed.