Will we still need MAS version to use iCloud Kit under Mavericks?

Options
odysseus
odysseus
Community Member

Currently, users need the MAS version to use iCloud for syncing. There's a bit of a twist, however, with 1Password for iOS 8, which requires CloudKit -- and which the Mac OS X version hasn't yet been updated to use. My question is thus: once Mavericks and 1Password5 for Mac OS X are released, will we have to use the MAS version of 1Password5 if we want to sync using CloudKit?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @odysseus,

Quick answer to your question: yes. :)

What are the requirements to use the new iCloud?, from the iCloud in 1Password 5 FAQ:

Macs:

>

• OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) not yet released
    • 1Password 5 for Mac from the Mac App Store

Note for Mac users: iCloud is not supported in the version of 1Password downloaded from our website.

I hope that information is helpful. :)

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I hope that, by the time that 1P5/Mac is released, AgileBits comes up with an alternative to the MAS Standard EULA, which includes restrictive usage rules that make it far, far inferior to the AWS license.

p.s. The AWS license webpage still refers to 1Password 4 for iOS, which (unfortunately for owners of older iPhones or the original iPad) is no longer available for purchase.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benfdc,

Thanks for your concerns about the MAS EULA and usage rules "vs." AWS licensing and the older 1Password 4 for iOS reference. I've passed this information along to folks who can address it.

This discussion has been closed.