1Password mini password filling fails

Options
sman591
sman591
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

For a number of months now, I've been unable to successfully login to various websites using 1Password Mini's built-in form filling feature (both cmd+\ and using the plugin manually fails). However, when I manually copy & paste the password in to the password field, it works fine. I can confirm this bug exists on both my desktop and laptop (both are Macs).

Failing websites:

• GitHub
  • RIT MyCourses
  • Others, will add once I remember them...

Screencast of failing:

Current fix:
Go through any failing websites and re-save the login form through 1Password Mini's "Save New Login" menu option.

Is this a bug that can be fixed without having to re-save logins?

(also, markdown support seems to be broken)

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi there,

Both my GitHub and RIT MyCourses logins work with no updates. If manually re-saving them resolves the problem, it is likely that the login page has changed since you saved your original login (meaning a re-save is necessary).

Thanks!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

As for markdown support, it appears to be working for me:

• GitHub
    • MyCourses

You need a blank line prior to the start of a list and after the end of it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sman591,

I'm sorry to hear that Mini's filling has been less than stellar for you lately. These issues can arise when a website has made some changes to its forms (either visibly or just hidden in the code). The steps that you are following though are exactly what I would recommend. Saving a New Login Manually is our first stop in trouble-shooting. This allows 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to fill, and is often successful in solving filling issues.

This discussion has been closed.