License question…one user/2 devices

Options
mmizen
mmizen
Community Member

I have a MBP and separate lic for my iPad/iPhone. Using wi-fi synch on the local network to synch; not dropbox or iCloud All is good.

I now want to add my MBP vault to my iMac. As I interpret the license I should be able to do this. I downloaded 1-Password to the iMac but am stumped on how to synch the MBP vault with the iMac.

Or do I need another license. If the later could I reconfigure so I do not have to pay an additional $49? I mean convert to a 5-license/Family pack.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

If you're the sole user of these two machines then your existing licence will be sufficient.

If you want to avoid Dropbox and iCloud then your only other option is to use the Folder sync option. Now be warned, it can have its quirks. If you sync to a networked location (say NAS or a shared folder on one of your macs) then that networked location had better be reliable. The alternative is to use something like ChronoSync, have each copy of 1Password sync to a local folder and ChronoSync sync these but think that can be quite tricky given the posts I've seen. It might be easier if you limit changes to one machine and then have a one way sync.

Sorry it isn't better news but I believe it is something they're working on.

• mmizen
    mmizen
    Community Member
    Options

Points well taken. I'll go the iCloud/Dropbox route but since I have already done the wi-fi synch how do I get Dropbox to work. Move the vault to my Dropbox or is there something better?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mmizen,

Here's how to set up sync on your Mac: set up Dropbox sync

There are instructions for your iOS device here: set up Dropbox sync

If you have any questions, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.