Purchase of 1Password for Mac from AgileBits or Itunes

Options
Cohlors
Cohlors
Community Member

Last week I purchased 1Password Family Pack for Mac including Windows from AgileBit's Website!. I entered some initial websites and credit cards to get a feel. I then wanted to use Icloud to update my new Iphone 6 running 1password 5 and IOS 8. It did not work so I started reading the forums. I came across two pieces of info 1) Icloud does not yet work with password 5 on IOS 8 until Mavericks is released 2) That only the 1password program downloaded from Itunes has integral Icloud support built into its version.(should there not be a disclaimer stating this prior to downloading?)

Therefore before I continue to install my passwords etc. should I return the 1Password that i downloaded from AgileBits and then download the Itunes version? Additionally if I do so how can I get the family Pack and windows support?

Lastly I sent two emails to AgileBits support asking similar questions but have not received any response.

Thank you

Comments

• Cohlors
    Cohlors
    Community Member
    Options

Please note that should have read when Yosemite is released not Mavericks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What you really need is somebody from AgileBits to respond to you, they may be able to work something out. Sadly there isn't an easy way that won't involve them assisting as MAS purchases are outwith their control (they get no say or much in the way of details regarding sales). As a result bundles involving MAS aren't something they can really do in the sense of offering them directly from their site. Hopefully a member of staff will be in shortly though.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud sync will not work with 1Password for Windows, so I am not sure that I understand the point of getting an iCloud sync-capable version of 1Password for Mac. It is my understanding that Dropbox is the only cloud-based sync solution for a combined Win / Mac / iOS 1Password installation.

• Cohlors
    Cohlors
    Community Member
    Options

I only require the Icloud sync to work with my IOS devices. The windows portion is separate and does not require an Icloud sync.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Just curious—why do you require iCloud sync?

Direct purchases from AgileBits come with a 30-day money-back guarantee so there should be no difficulty getting all or part of your money back. However, I agree with @littlebobbytables‌ that you really should be hearing from a company rep.

• Cohlors
    Cohlors
    Community Member
    Options

I was not worried about the return process - I was hoping a company rep would steer me in the right direction as to what would be the best solution given my parameters. As mentioned I have sent several emails to AgileBits Support but I have not received a response as yet.
    The Icloud sync makes it easier for me to be able to sync my Ipad/Iphone with my Imac particularly when I travel.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Options

The Icloud sync makes it easier for me to be able to sync my iPad/iPhone with my iMac particularly when I travel.

Still confused—why do you find iCloud sync to be easier than Dropbox sync? Both are cloud-based; both require internet access on each of your devices. (Dropbox can sync files between two computers over a LAN, but it still requires cloud access and in any event will not work between a computer and a mobile device.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Cohlors,

I do apologize for the delay in responding to you here. We've been hearing from a lot of users since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS, and our small team is doing the best we can to ensure that all users get a reply just as soon as possible.

Of course we will honour our 30-day guarantee and refund your purchase of 1Password 4 for Mac so that you can purchase directly from the Mac App Store if iCloud sync is an important part of your setup.

As @benfdc mentions though, in your situation where you are dealing with both Mac and Windows copies of 1Password, Dropbox offers a bit more of a flexible sync solution, as it will allow you to keep your Macs, your iOS devices, your Windows machine (and any Android devices you might have) in sync. Both iCloud and Dropbox are extremely easy to set up, and Dropbox also allows you to store and sync multiple vaults, if you wanted to take advantage of that feature.

In any case, I took a quick look in our email system for the email address you have attached to your forum account, but I was unable to find any messages. If you let me know which email you used to contact support, I'd be happy to track the email down and ensure that we get you sorted out just as soon as possible!

Thanks so much for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.