How to from LicenseKeeper? -Newbie

Options
midilance
midilance
Community Member

Is there an easy-to-understand explanation for how to import all of the data from my copy of LicenseKeeper into 1Password? I don't understand terms such as CSM.

Comments

• midilance
    midilance
    Community Member
    Options

By the way, I'm operating a Mac Pro on Mavericks OS.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

LicenseKeeper can export as a text file: File > Export > Library to Text File, and select Comma Separated. Check Include the Header Row.

You can leave all the fields checked if you want all the values there. Once exported, you can rename the .txt file to .csv and open it with a spreadsheet program such as Numbers. This will allow you to rearrange and merge the columns.

You can see over here:

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/import.html#csv--comma-separated-values

that for Software Licenses, the following fields are supported:

Software

title, version, license key, owner name, owner email, owner company, download link, publisher, publisher URL, retail price, support email, purchase date, order number, notes

Your job is to rearrange the columns in the spreadsheet to match these. You must have the same number of columns, in the same order. For your columns that are not supported by 1P4, you can merge them with Notes in the last column.

Once your columns align with those mentioned above, you can save the file and then try to import into 1P4 using File > Import and setting the File Format to Comma Delimited Text (.csv) and selecting Software License as the Import As type.

If all goes well, your license data will be imported.d

You will need 1P4 version 4.3.1 or above for this to work.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @midilance‌,

Did MrC's post help you with the import for your license data? It should work great.

• midilance
    midilance
    Community Member
    Options

I finally got around to doing it. Thank you MrC. It worked.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

That's great!

This discussion has been closed.