1Password 5.1 copies wrong password

Options
krachynski
krachynski
Community Member

I'm having a situation with 1Password on my iPhone. I have a 4s that I've upgraded to iOS 8.0.2. I'm noticing several oddities with 1Password, but I'd like to focus on its usability as a password tool. I've been getting login errors using it through Safari or by copying passwords to the clipboard and pasting into an app.

I sat down and started simply pasting copied passwords into a text field to see what they were and it turns out that the password that I'm pasting is not the one on the record I copied from, even after revealing it. It doesn't really matter what entry I'm trying to use, they all get the same password pasted. From a record I updated in early September.

I'm at a loss for troubleshooting this. I have reinstalled 1Password before reporting my results with no change to behaviour.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @krachynski‌

Is this the only device you have 1Password installed on? If you have it elsewhere please let me know what version you have installed there as well.

Thanks!

Ben

• krachynski
    krachynski
    Community Member
    Options

3rd Generation iPad with cellular (iOS 8.0.2, 1Password 5.1), PC Laptop (Windows 7 Pro, 1Password 4.0), MacBook Pro (OS X 10.9.5, 1Password ?) (I haven't been able to use my MacBook in a while so I'm just using my PC Laptop, iPad and iPhone. The iPhone is the only one seeing this behaviour.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @krachynski‌

Thanks for getting back to us with those details! I've spoken with a colleague about this issue, as it's a new one for me, and it seems that there is an issue with the iOS where the clipboard gets stuck and doesn't release new items. You can see the thread in Apple's support forums, but essentially it looks like a temporary fix is to restart your device. That should help things behave, at least for a while.

• krachynski
    krachynski
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like factory reset is helpful in a number of cases. Given some of the other issues I'm seeing on my phone, I think I'll try that as well. Will report on what works for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @krachynski‌

I've got my fingers crossed that this gets you all sorted out! :)

This discussion has been closed.