Entering text using landscape keyboard in iPhone 6?

Options
dan_public
dan_public
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I'm considering replacing DataVault with 1P on all my computers and devices, so I'm eval'ing 1P. So far I haven't gotten past entering the first item because the landscape keyboard doesn't pop up to enter text in an item in my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.0.2). I.e. 1P is not looking good.

How can I get the landscape keyboard to work? Is this a setting? Bug?

Edit: After playing with 1p for a few more minutes, I realized that NOTHING in 1P works in landscape mode. Landscape works fine in other apps. What's up?

Regards,

Dan.

P.s. I'm not referring to the master password problem, which is known.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Are you on an iPhone? Data entry in landscape orientation works fine on my iPad, but not on my iPhone 5s. I don't know whether there is landscape support in 1Password on the iPhone 6 Plus.

• dan_public
    dan_public
    Community Member
    Options

Hawkmoth,

Thanks. I just updated my post above about my iPhone 6.

I hate entering anything in portrait mode. If 1P only supports portrait mode on an iPhone, that's a deal killer. It looks like 1P has a lot of nice features over DataVault, but DataVault doesn't have a landscape problem. I.e. It's minimally usable.

I'd like to get past this and use 1P, but...

Regards,

Dan.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dan_public,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here! I'm sorry that you're having trouble entering data into 1Password when you're stuck in portrait mode. We fully intend to support landscape mode for the new iPhones, and our developers are currently working on implementing this feature. There are several things to polish up at the moment, and we want to be sure we release a properly considered feature, rather than something that just sort-of works.

That being said, I'd be happy to mention to our developers just how important landscape mode is to you, and we'll do our best to get it ready just as soon as possible! :)

• dan_public
    dan_public
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

Thanks for responding. What is confusing to me is that it appears that some 1P users ARE using 1P on iPhones in landscape mode. Perhaps I'm misreading this.

Regards,

Dan.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dan_public‌,

If you're referring to @hawkmoth's earlier post in this thread, he was referring to 1Password on his iPad, which does support landscape mode. As I mentioned above, our developers know this is important for iPhone 6 and 6+ users, and we'll try to have landscape support available soon!

• dan_public
    dan_public
    Community Member
    Options

Megan,

OK. I misread that.

Thanks,

Dan.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options