1Password Safari Extension not updating logins [Resolved]

Options
mercuryrsng
mercuryrsng
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Good afternoon all. I am running OS X Yosemite with the most current 1Password beta (4.5 Beta 22) installed. When I go to any website to change my password, I am presented with 3 password boxes. Old Password, New Password, and Reenter New Password (or something to that effect). I cannot use the 1Password keyboard shortcut (cmd-) because the browser plugin will fill all 3 boxes in with my current password, so I copy and paste the old password into the Old Password box and access the browser plugin to generate a new password by ether right clicking on the page or left clicking the button. When I generate the password and fill, it auto-fills. I click next (or enter) or whatever the page requires, but the browser plugin never jumps in and asks me if I want to create a login or update a new login. I then have to go into the 1Password app and copy the newly generated password and paste it into the login.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems like a lot of work to do when I have had the browser jump in and update the login for me. Maybe it's a beta issue?

Other than that, I love the product! Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

~~Justin

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Justin ( @mercuryrsng‌ ),

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. Our document gurus have written up an article to help users with the process of Changing a saved password. And from your description, it sounds like you're doing just about everything right. Our developers are working to ensure that 1Password gets better at detecting those password-change pages to ensure that you are prompted to update your Login, but the process isn't quite perfect yet.

For those cases when 1Password doesn't helpfully pop up and offer to update your existing Login, we can save you a step or two. By default, whenever you click 'Fill' on the password generator, your newly generated password will also be copied to the clipboard. (You can confirm that this is enabled by clicking on the arrow beside the 'Fill' button and ensuring that 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' is checked off.) Then, if the 1Password dialogue doesn't pop up, you can simply find the entry in 1Password and paste the new password into the appropriate field.

I know it's not perfect, but I hope this helps! I will be certain to mention to our devs that 1Password's prompting could use a bit more polish. ;)

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member
    Options

OK thank you for that. I will do that for now.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mercuryrsng‌,

Always happy to help!

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.