Can't delete secondary vault.

Options
mrmachine
mrmachine
Community Member

The option to delete a secondary vault is greyed out. How can I delete the vault? It has no passwords in it. I created it with a weak password and I want to re-create it with a strong password, because 1Password won't let you change the master password for secondary vault. But it seems I can't even delete them, either.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrmachine,

Are you switched to the secondary vault you want to delete? That's required for the command to be active.

• SFisher
    SFisher
    Community Member
    Options

I ran into this same problem. I created a Demo vault and the option to delete the Demo vault was greyed out (Demo vault was selected and primary vault was unlocked). I solved the problem by restarting the application.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SFisher,

I'm sorry you ran into this problem. Thanks for taking time to post how you resolved it. Restarting 1Password mini might do it if simply restarting the main application isn't enough.

• newikner
    newikner
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Deleted Comment. I solved my own problem. I couldn't find anywhere in the manual WHERE the menu item was for deleting a secondary vault. I finally found it under the application menu.

• Glad to hear it's resolved. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.