Question regarding 1password for Mac [resolved]

Options
stroy444
stroy444
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

Hello,

Earlier this week I bought the Pro Version of 1Password for ios which I've been using on my iPhone 6 and ipad 4. I want to buy the Mac version for my MacBook Pro but I wanted some advice on whether or not I should wait until Yosemite is released. I enabled iCloud Drive on my iPhone/iPad so I can sync via iCloud but I've read issues can arise on Macs running Mavericks. thus far I haven't experienced any issues with syncing between my two iOS devices. The only issues I've come across are related to certain bank websites such as Bank of America and TD Bank not automatically logging in. I read about workarounds in the 1password forums but for the most part the solutions only seem to be possible in the Mac version of 1password. Will I make more problems if I go ahead and throw the Mac version into the mix now? Yosemite is supposedly getting released soon so if I'm better off waiting that's fine with.

Thanks. I truly love the product and am looking forward to using he Mac version as it seems like there's more stuff you can tweak in it.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @stroy444‌

I have some great news for you here! Our Yosemite update to 1Password will be a free update for all 1Password 4 for Mac owners. So you can purchase now without having to worry about a costly upgrade coming around the corner. :)

Please note though that iCloud sync in iOS 8 has changed a lot. 1Password 4 for Mac is currently not able to sync via iCloud to 1Password 5 for iOS. As soon as Apple releases Yosemite, we've got our Yosemite-compatible update ready which will have iCloud sync back to normal ... possibly even better than normal! ;)

The only issues I've come across are related to certain bank websites such as Bank of America and TD Bank not automatically logging in. I read about workarounds in the 1password forums but for the most part the solutions only seem to be possible in the Mac version of 1password.

At this time it is easier to manually save a new Login using the desktop app. We're working on improving this behaviour for all our iOS users, but for now the manual save via the desktop web-browser allows 1Password to re-learn the fields it needs to fill in a way that it not possible on iOS.

If you'd like to give the Mac app a try, but aren't quite willing to commit just yet, we do have a free 30-day trial available on our downloads page.

(If you do test out 1Password 4 for Mac, just remember you'll want to use Dropbox or Wi-Fi to keep your data synced up while we wait for Yosemite and the new iCloud to be released.)

I hope this helps, but we're here for you if you have any further questions or concerns!

• stroy444
    stroy444
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for your response and the information Megan.

• On behalf of Megan, you're absolutely welcome. If you have any questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to let us know! We'll always be here to help with anything.

• stroy444
    stroy444
    Community Member
    Options

Much appreciated

• Not a problem. :)

Please feel free to create a new discussion if have any other questions. We're always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.