Is it possible to use 1PasswordAnywhere without signing into my Dropbox account?

Options
garrettoreilly
garrettoreilly
Community Member

Unfortunately, to access my Dropbox account on a computer other than my own, I'd need to use 1PasswordAnywhere. But, in order to use 1PasswordAnywhere, I'd have to log into my Dropbox account. Is there any way around this deadlock?

Comments

• Hi @garrettoreilly,

If you store your data in Dropbox, there's no way around the need to enter your Dropbox password first.

You may want to use a memorable password for Dropbox so that it is possible to access 1PasswordAnywhere (or your data file on a new Mac) in case you do not have access to 1Password. We recommend following the same instructions to create a secure and memorable Dropbox password as when creating your master password: Towards Better Master Passwords

Another possibility would be storing your data on a USB stick, so only your Master Password would be required to access 1PasswordAnywhere, as described by another user here: http://kevinyank.com/posts/orbitkey-1password-hazel-love

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.