Can't save Login on barclays.pt

Options
aagribeiro
aagribeiro
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

https://www.barclays.pt/business/index.html

Whenever I try to login using 1Password it just fills the last text field, despite having saved all three text fields.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you try re-creating and saving the login manually? That article includes the following:

Saving a new Login manually can be helpful for fixing Logins that are problematic or that were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page and start from a clean slate.

That's why I thought it might help. If you've done that and still have no luck please tell us your 1P4 and OS X version numbers, together with the name of the browser you are using and the 1P browser extension version number.

Stephen

• aagribeiro
    aagribeiro
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I've tried that. It works on a number of other sites, but not on this one.

I'm using the latest version of Chrome. I'm using a trial version of 1Password. I tested this with the latest stable version and I'm now using 4.4.2 Beta 4. My OS X version is 10.9.5 (13F34).

I've now just tested this on Windows and it works fine, with the login created in Mac OS, so this is most likely a bug in the Mac version (the second one I've found so far). Not a deal breaker by any means (it only took 2 days for me to rely on 1Password for all logins), but I like working in OS X and I'd love to have everything working.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @aagribeiro‌! I'll pass this along to the developers to take a look at.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

ref: OPX-638

• aagribeiro
    aagribeiro
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @khad, thanks! As a matter of fact you can be of further assistance. There's another bug that affects the Mac version only. In the browser extension, not all logins appear. I've seen some discussions in the forums where this particular bug appears to have been solved, but it was likely solved only for Windows. As a workaround I've been using only the primary vault, and all logins appear in the browser extension that way.

Feel free to contact me if you need further details on any of these issues.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Could you help me understand the issue more clearly, @aagribeiro‌? Might the items be ones that were converted from the old "Accounts" items in 1Password 3? If so, please see:

https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/v3-accounts.html

If not, are you saying that this only happens in a particular vault?

Do note that only the items in the currently selected vault are shown in 1Password mini.

• aagribeiro
    aagribeiro
    Community Member
    Options

@khad I've tried the always display previously and it doesn't work. It's a problem with vaults other than the primary one. With the primary vault all logins appear, with another vault some logins don't appear.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @aagribeiro.

In the browser extension, not all logins appear.

Are those items in the currently selected vault not appearing under the Logins category in 1Password mini (opened through the browser extension)? Do any of the items show up when you search for them in 1Password mini?

Once we understand exactly where you're not seeing the items we'll have a clearer idea of how to make them visible there. :)

• aagribeiro
    aagribeiro
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

@‌sjk Sorry for the delay in my answer. The problem was that in 1Password Mini, when I hovered over Logins, not all of the logins would appear. I never remembered searching for them. Anyway, this problem is gone in the latest beta. Everything appears in the Logins list now.

What's still not solved is the original post, regarding the inability to correctly save a login at https://www.barclays.pt/business/index_pt.html in the Mac version. Everything works fine in Windows, but in Mac, using any browser, when I select the login for this page it only fills the password.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome back, @aagribeiro. No worries for the delay. :)

Glad to hear your missing Login items in mini issue is resolved with the latest beta, especially without having to rebuild your database.

Nothing new to report on the Barclays NetBusiness filling bug with 1Password on the Mac since @khad filed that bug internally. A partial workaround is to create a Login item in the main application with a username for Código de Utilizador and password for Palavra Passe fields on the https://www.barclays.pt/business/index.html page. Then you can add a custom field in that item to copy from 1Password mini and paste into the page's Código de Empresa field after filling the other two fields. You'll also need to disable auto-submit for that item. In Edit mode, the item would look something like this:

I hope that helps a bit until this bug is fixed.

• aagribeiro
    aagribeiro
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk Thanks once more for your prompt reply. Regarding the missing logins bug, the test I did involved creating a new vault and then creating new logins, since once I discovered this bug I reverted to using just the primary login. So I actually did a database rebuild. It's possible that this bug still exists for users that use multiple vaults.

On the Netbusiness front, I followed your instructions and 1Password now fills 2 fields, just missing out on the company code (Código de Empresa). I've tried many combinations for the label of 'Código de Empresa' (without the accentuated character, using the field name in the page's code, etc) but 1Password still doesn't fill it. It's once field less to fill, so I'll settle for that now ;).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aagribeiro,

Turns out you did stumble across the residual effect of an older bug (now resolved) with Login items saved in a secondary vault from 1Password's auto-save window not being visible under mini's Login category. @RobYoder explains it in post #9 here:

1Password mini doesn't show all logins

He also describes how to rebuild any secondary vaults afflicted with this issue, which can be less trouble than rebuilding the entire database and its primary vault.

It's possible that this bug still exists for users that use multiple vaults.

The actual bug's gone. Just its side effect may remain, with no data lost, and go unnoticed. My discovery of it before filing the initial bug report was purely accidental since I rarely browse categories in mini during typical 1Password usage.

And back to Barclays NetBusiness filling… glad you could get the semi-workaround working. All my tinkering to get 1Password to fill that Código de Empresa field also came up stubbornly fruitless. :)

This discussion has been closed.