1Password 4.4.3/ Safari7.1 /Mavericks 10.9.5 [moved to email]

Options
Andyr7
Andyr7
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I have been noticing strange seemingly random behaviour of 1Password & Safari, up to and including the latest release of each, as others have reported. The 1Password button in the Safari toolbar would become inactive for no apparent reason, and although it would eventually come back after random poking around in Safari & 1Password, I think I have a handle on it now.

The button seems to become completely dead after the screensaver cuts in (the 'Lock when screen saver is activated' box in the preferences is not checked). The only way I have found to restore the button function is to go to the Extensions tab of Safari Preferences, then just clicking on 1Password in the left hand column seems to reactivate it.

Comments

• Andyr7
    Andyr7
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Just tried this procedure again after sleeping the computer overnight (1Password is currently not set to lock after sleep until I can sort out these problems). This time, it took a press of the 'Get Extensions' button in the Extensions tab to make the Safari toolbar 1Password button live again.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andyr7‌,

Thanks for writing such a detailed outline of your experience. I think the quickest way to figure out where things are getting tangled up is to take a closer look at your system.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Andyr7
    Andyr7
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan, I have sent the diagnostic report though unfortunately I forgot to add the link as you requested. If this causes a problem, just reply to this and I'll send it again. I did though add a note about the problems I was having which covers pretty much everything I have said above.

The various ways of re-enlivening the 1Password button are by no means consistent, and neither of those I mentioned above worked today - though just clicking on the Safari icon in the Mac dock proved to do the trick this time. I should also perhaps say I had the same problems with the previous versions of Mavericks and Safari, as well as the latest versions.

Andy

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Andy ( @Andyr7 ),

I couldn't find your email, but if you send me a private message with the email address you sent it from I'll be able to track it down. Thanks!

• Andyr7
    Andyr7
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I think the e-mail may have been stuck in my outbox, so it didn't actually go. It has definitely been sent now, and I have sent a PM as requested.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Andy ( @Andyr7 ),

If your email had been stuck it got unstuck, arrived here, and your PM helped me find it. :)

We'll follow up with you more about this through email as soon as possible. Thanks!

ref: FYH-33398-949

This discussion has been closed.