mcb
mcb
Community Member

Hi

Apologies if I'm covering old ground, but just to confirm:

• I run Yosemite GM 1.0 on my Mac
  • I run IOS 8.02 on my iPhone
  • I run IOS 8.02 on my iPad

Typically my Mac is the master client, where my changes and updates to 1P are generated.

Currently these changes are NOT syncing to the iPhone or iPad.

Am I waiting for:

• Yosemite first release OR
  • 1P5 for Mac OR
  • Both OR
  • Something else!

If I'm waiting for 1P5 for Mac then what is the approx timescale?

Many thanks
Mark

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're specifically waiting for 1Password 5 for Mac (MAS edition) it seems which AgileBits will release after Yosemite is officially released. According to a post which I originally missed, CloudKit, needed for iCloud syncing going forward is going to be for MAS only applications (I found it after sjk posted a link in another response elsewhere). There's a section detailing iCloud syncing requirements for all devices involved.

I know AgileBits have said for ages that iCloud syncing may become MAS only - it seems Apple have followed through with that promise.

Of course given you're having to wait for Yosemite to be released you'd probably want to shift to their release version as well. Apple have an event planned for the 16th of this month where it's believed Yosemite will be released so not long now.

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @mcb,

littlebobbytables is correct in his post, in case you need an official confirmation from us. You have to wait for 1Password 5 for Mac App Store to be released (free direct update) in order to resume the iCloud sync with 1Password 5 on your iOS devices.

We do hope to have it available on the first day of the Yosemite release but it's difficult to predict when it is not under our control. It is all on Apple at this point.

This discussion has been closed.