open and fill in different browsers in Mac version

Options
johnny808
johnny808
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I'm using the latest 1Password 4.4.3 for Mac.

I have 1Password extension installed in Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox. However, the open and fill is only available for the default browser. This would be a great addition if we could select what browser to use just like in the Windows version. Seems like 1Password for Mac is not aware of its installed browser extensions.

Comments

• Hi @johnny808,

Thanks for the feedback! I will pass this along to our developers. :)

For now, I know that lots of folks use the very helpful Choosy app which will not only let you select a browser, but it also works with every app on your system. There are even advanced rules you can set up to make certain websites open in certain browsers or links from certain apps open in certain browsers. It's very powerful.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP‌, Thanks for passing along the feedback to the developers. 1Password will keep on getting better when developers listen to feedback from users.

I have never heard of Choosy, but I tried it and it turned out to be a terrific recommendation. It's implementing exactly the functionality I wanted: Open in the browser of your choice, not just the default one. Thanks for the recommendation.

• You're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.