Mobile switched to iCloud and now I have 2 out of sync vaults

Options
CasualSubversive
CasualSubversive
Community Member

Apparently, 1Password on my iPhone and iPad switched automatically to iCloud at some point—without telling me or asking. Now they're out of sync with my desktop, which is still stored in Dropbox.

Not cool, guys. How can I get my vaults back in sync? I have made changes to both.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @CasualSubversive‌,

That's strange, we don't automate switching sync services at all, that'd be a big security risk. 1Password wouldn't switch sync services in the middle if you've configured it to use Dropbox. Can you answer a few questions, so we can figure out what happened:

1. Do you recall if there was an error where 1Password may have disabled Dropbox and maybe iCloud was accidentally pressed before turning it on?
    2. We do provide an option to turn on iCloud during the setup tour, did you do a clean install of 1Password recently?

1Password on the Mac and the iOS devices have a local database that's separated from the remote sync database that it downloads from iCloud or Dropbox. So, basically disabling iCloud and re-enabling Dropbox should be all you need to do to merge the changes and push it to the other side.

First thing first, create backups of your 1Password data just in case:

1. On your iOS devices, go to Settings > Advanced and tap on Create Backup, do this separately for both device. This will place it in the iTunes' Documents folder for the 1Password app.
    2. Before you proceed to next step, please only do this for one device at the time to give Dropbox a some time to merge your data first.
    3. Go to Settings > Sync, tap on Sync Service and then tap on Sync with Dropbox to change to Dropbox, it'll ask you if you want to disable the current sync, do that.
    4. Once you authorize 1Password with Dropbox, it'll take you back to the app, go to Sync > Sync with Dropbox to tap on your Dropbox account, and select the vault you want to sync with (the one you're using on your Mac).
    5. It may ask if you're sure about merging the vaults, do that as you're merging your local iOS changes with the Mac vault. Once it is merged and starts sync'ing, please create a test item in the Mac app to make sure it shows up on the iOS device.
    6. If the sync'ing is working now, repeat step 3-5 for your other iOS devices.

After this, you should be up and running. Please let me know how it turns out.

• CasualSubversive
    CasualSubversive
    Community Member
    Options

It was during a clean install that I discovered the problem. I had encountered the issue with my iPhone not activating the Pro features.

Looking over some old threads to decide which service I wanted to move forward with, it's clear I'm not the only one who was surprised to find his iOS devices switched to iCloud without his knowledge. It just took me longer to notice.

I actually decided to switch to iCloud, and made the switch on the desktop. It seems to have gone fine. Thank you for your assistance.

• Hi @CasualSubversive‌,

That's great, I'm glad you got it working now with iCloud sync.

This discussion has been closed.