lost data after upgrading to i-phone 6

Options
manie
manie
Community Member

Hi, I recently upgraded to a new i-phone 6.

I have 1Password 5 now on my new phone, but without any of my data (logins and passwords). I still have some personal info on the app.
Of course I erased everything on my old phone and also never backed up any data before syncing my new phone. Pretty stupid in hindsight.
Are my data lost now or is their some way that I can retrieve it?

Thanks.
Manie

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @manie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• manie
    manie
    Community Member
    Options

My version currently is 5.1. I only have it on my i-phone.
    No syncing ever done.

Manie

• Ben
    Options

@manie‌

By default your 1Password data is only stored within the iOS app on your iOS device. Deleting the app also deletes your data. Unless you had a backup or had synced with one of the available sync options unfortunately it sounds as though you've erased your data.

My apologies for the inconvenience. For the future I'd highly recommend setting up syncing:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.