Intermittent hanging on lock screen in version 5.1 on iPhone

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member

On my iPhone 5s running 1Password 5.1, sometimes the lock screen appears and then just hangs there. The popup for using Touch ID never appears. I can only break out of this by force quitting the application. When I return after doing that, Touch ID works normally.

I have not detected any pattern for predicting this will happen. But it happens often.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth‌

Thanks for reporting this. Are you by chance holding your finger on the Touch ID reader prior to the app prompting for it? I personally have not experienced the problem but have heard some reports that touching the Touch ID reader before it is requested can cause problems.

Thanks.

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff - No, I am not holding my finger on the touch ID reader when this happens. The lock screen appears and nothing else happens, no matter how long I wait. The only reason I touch the home button is to quit 1Password so I can force quit it and regain any ability to interact with it at all.

I must say that I haven't had this happen today. I'll continue to keep watch.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, hawkmoth.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Perhaps a relevant occurrence today: I opened 1Password and the lock screen displayed by itself for an unusually long period of time. Just when I was ready to give up on it, the Touch ID screen finally appeared.

• Ben
    Options

@hawkmoth‌

I wonder if perhaps with all of the testing you do for us around here things have just gotten into an odd state. Would you mind giving reinstalling the app a try?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff‌ - Done. Will let you know in a few days how it's going. Sooner if it hangs again.

• Ben
    Options

Great. Thank you.

• Lane Good
    Lane Good
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue on iPhone 6 running 8.0.2. It also crashes frequently.

• Ben
    Options

Hi Lane,

Please try reinstalling the app (after making sure your data exists elsewhere -- removing the iOS app removes the data from your iOS device).

Thanks.

Ben

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff‌ - I regard this as an interim report, but I have not had another instance of hanging on the lock screen since I deleted and reinstalled version 5.1 on October 10, making it roughly three days without further trouble.

• Ben
    Options

Awesome. I'd say that is a pretty good indicator. Please keep an eye on it for us though. :)

This discussion has been closed.