Mac App store vs Agile Store

Options
Paul197
Paul197
Community Member

I would like to know what is the difference between 1Password 4 for Mac on the App store and Agile Store with Family license (5 users*).

Does the app store version come with the Family license (5 users*)? I'm in Australia and i notice that there is a price difference between to the two versions. The App store price is $64.99 and the Agile Store is $69.99. Are these two versions the same thing?

Thanks for any help. Cheers.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@Paul197‌

Which version should I buy will answer most of your questions I think.

As far as the family license goes the App Store allows you to install on as many Macs as you personally own. All machines must be using the same Apple ID for purchases.

Family License

License Terms

Note: These terms are for products purchased from our online store only. If you download or purchase our products from the Mac App Store, iTunes App Store, or Google Play, please refer to their licensing agreements.

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license.

Examples:

You alone use 1Password on Mac and Windows. You need a single user license for Mac and a single user license for Windows.

You and your spouse use Knox on the family iMac.

You and your spouse each needs a license. (Family license is the best value!)

You alone use 1Password on your home and work Windows machines

You only need one single user license for 1Password for Windows.

You alone use 1Password on five PCs and three tablets, all running Windows

Great! You still only need one, single-user license. =)

You alone use 1Password on your Mac, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You'll need single user licenses for Mac and for Windows and 1Password for iOS from the iTunes App Store.

Note that Family licenses are valid for up to five family members living in the same household. If you have additional questions about licensing, please contact us.

• As to if family sharing applies to App store purchases, there has been no definitive answer from the team on this.
    • The price difference I have no clue, sorry. But usually their are some coupons online if you search for them.
This discussion has been closed.