Security concern -- autolock

Options
glauco
glauco
Community Member

Hi!

Your Mac version is amazing, 5 stars! Congratulations! But the Android version has a serious problem.

The app is all about SECURITY, right? But in my S4 it fails in autolocking automatically after some minutes.

It's set here to not autolock when I close it, but it should be locked after 10 minutes. Later (hours later!), however, I still can open it without my master password. Wow! Dangerous!

In this community support, I could find reports about this written in JUNE. We are in October.

Well, I'm using the trial versions in both OS X and Android. Should I pay for them later? I don't feel safe enough now.

// More: I'd like to see browser/app integration and to sync using Google Drive. I had to create a Dropbox account just for this.

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @glauco. Thank you for your support of 1Password. We really appreciate you reporting this. As you already know, we take security very seriously here and I would like to investigate into this problem further. Back around June, we released an update that addressed an auto-locking problem where in some cases 1Password will not automatically lock if "Lock on Exit" was manually disabled. This issue has been fixed ever since and I am not able to recreate the same problem on my device using the latest version of 1Password on Android (4.1.2).

Would you be able to send us a diagnostics Report from your Android device? It will provide us with more information about your 1Password set up and your device hardware. To create a diagnostic report, please follow this link:

https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#and4

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.