1Password sync with Dropbox: iOS and Android

Options
aguyngueran
aguyngueran
Community Member

I have just installed 1Password on Android device and wanted to use Dropbox synchronisation.
First of all I could't create a valid fault using Android device.
I heave read somewhere that creating a vault is not supported by Android version
so I have downloaded 1Password for Mac in order to setup Dropbox synchronisation.
After setup, some folders were created (namely 1Password folder containing 1Password.agilekeychain) and it looked fine.
On Android device I still get "A 1Password vault wasn't found..." so I decided to test 1Password on iPad.
On this device I get "The operation couldn't be completed. (dropbox.com error 404.)"
So I'm confused, sync doesn't seem to work on 2 out 3 devices :(
I have heard a lot of positive opinions about this application but it looks messy.
Installed 1 hour ago and I still need to google for solution.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @aguyngueran‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things set up. That's no fun! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Foxtrot79
    Foxtrot79
    Community Member
    Options

Was this resolved? I am now having the same problem. Any assistance is appreciated.

• Foxtrot79
    Foxtrot79
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I was able to get around this by completely deleting the 1Password vault from my Dropbox account, then going to a computer that I synced with, restoring 1Password from a backup from yesterday and then letting that sync. Then I went to my iOS devices and was able to successfully get the app on each device to see and sync the vault.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to get it working.

This discussion has been closed.