item count confusion and sync issues with dropbox - set up new phone

Options
helloari
helloari
Community Member

ITEM COUNT
when i view number of items in my backup it says 3652, but under 'all items' it says 3112. ok, now i see i have 540 in the trash. so i guess i figured that out

NOT SYNCING
now my iOS app says 3109 items and when i click 'sync now' it says 'syncing..." for 1 sec and then goes back to 'sync now'.

NEW PHONE 6 SETUP - TO MERGE OR NOT TO MERGE?
when i got my iPhone 6 last week i started up 1P and it was no longer synced with dropbox. i connected it to dropbox and it said it did not recommend merging but i had no idea what to do to get new data so i told it to merge. this is a very confusing situation. i wish it had a button saying "remove database on phone and replace with dropbox data". that would make much more sense to me when needing to reconnect - since connections all get reset when setting up a new device.

or am i missing something? is there a better way to do this?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @helloari‌

You should be able to resolve this by removing the app from your iOS device(s) [this will remove all data from them], reinstall the app, and re-setup Dropbox sync.

Thanks!

• helloari
    helloari
    Community Member
    Options

ok. i will try that.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

HI @helloari,

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.