Mac Store 4.4.2 on Mac, and iOS v5.1 Sync possible?

Options
rorton
rorton
Community Member

Hi, I just got a new iPhone with iOS8 already installed. Purchased the pro version of 1Password (5.1) and set on my way to setting everything up. All going well, love the app! Installed to iPad, also running IOS8, and the 2 sync fine together (I've not upgraded to iCloud drive, just iCloud)

I decided to buy the Mac version today from the app store, 4.4.2 is the version that installed. The problem is i can't seem to do any kind of sync.

i think i understand that because my iPhone is on ios8, i can't sync to the mac using iCloud unless its on Yosomite, which is fine, i am Ok with this, but i can't seem to get 5.1 to recognise over wifi that 4.4.2 is running on the mac, just to get things in sync.

is this also not possible? Can we not sync ios5.1 with Mac 4.4.2? Any way i can sync these 2 devices?

Thanks

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@rorton‌

This discussion topic here in the forums https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/29441/wifi-sync-doesnt-work-anymore-after-update seems to indicate a restart of both the Mac and iOS device (s) should resolve the issue.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I've decided not to worry about iCloud at all until Yosemite is released. I just went ahead and switched to Dropbox, which is working great for the same combination as you have.

• rorton
    rorton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick replies. I tried to reboot both devices, and i still can't get the IOS device to see the mac. I thought it was perhaps cause the mac is hard wired to the network, and the IOS device is Wifi, but they are still on the same subnet, so should work. I have tried to enable wifi on the mac anyway, and that still didn't work

Anyway. I've tried Dropbox and that's working fine between all the devices so will use that until the iCloud and software versions is resolved.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to get Dropbox working. :)

This discussion has been closed.