1Password is not working out for me

Options
Imacer
Imacer
Community Member

Some of my accounts will not work with 1Password. during logins to my sites telling me to put my username in. I thought 1Password is suppose to work with all accounts, it doesn't/ Time to get back my ......

Comments

• Hi @Imacer,

If you're on a website that you've saved a Login for, you can press ⌘\ (Command + ) to fill your login, or select the Login from 1Password mini (which can be opened by clicking the 1Password key icon in your browser's toolbar or the OS X menu bar).

If you're still having trouble getting some logins to auto-fill, please let us know a few more details about the trouble. What steps are you taking, and what is or isn't happening the way you expect? Are you getting any specific error messages in the process?

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Can you provide a list of sites that you find problematic.

I think you are under the impression that 1Password auto fills the username and password upon simply visiting the site. It doesn't do this upon just visiting the site you must unlock the browser extension and click the appropriate login. At that time the username and password are filled. When you open the browser extension the best match is automatically placed at the top of the list.

Here is a video from Don McAllister, 1Password demo from ScreenCastsOnline

• Yes, Don McAllister's video tutorial is an excellent getting started guide, you may want to check it out. Thanks for sharing, @thightower‌! :)

This discussion has been closed.