I can't sync with ICloud.

Options
eggim
eggim
Community Member
edited October 2014 in iOS

I have iphone 5s and ipad 3. I only used 1Password with my iphone5s with ios 7 before when i had no problem. It was working fine with ios 7 and i backed it up on icloud before i erase my iphone and update it to ios8. After i updated ios 8 and downloaded 1password5 i was not able to sync with icloud. In my icloud storage i can still see my data in it. I updated it to icloud drive too but still doesn't work :(. So i tried it on my ipad(ios 7.~~) downloaded the 1password lower version on appstore. when i try with my ipad the following thing happens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_l-wwdkFT0). What should i do if i can't use it on both ios 7 and 8. I have really important data save in 1password. :(

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is this a correct summary of your problem?

You were originally running 1Password only on your iPhone. You synced to iCloud, intending that to be your backup and then you completely wiped the phone, you didn't just perform an update when you moved to iOS8 and 1Password 5. When you started having problems you first updated to iCloud Drive and when that didn't help you tried installing the older version of 1Password on your iPad, which happens to still be running iOS 7 and that too hasn't worked.

So at this moment none of your available devices have a copy of your vault, which was backed up only to iCloud prior to updating to iOS 8.

Post back here if that's correct. I just want to ensure I understand before I post further.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eggim‌ I've been made aware recently that you may not be alerted to messages if I don't use @eggim‌ in the post. So this is me just pinging you to let you know about my post from yesterday looking for confirmation.

• eggim
    eggim
    Community Member
    Options

Yes your completely understanding my problem. Sorry for my bad English :)

• eggim
    eggim
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

If the problem is Icloud am I or can you guys available to get a copy of Icloud 1password data from apple so that I can put the copy to my dropbox and sync it to my device? just my thought

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eggim,

Your English is a lot better than I am able to do in any language other than English, so no worries!

Unfortunately, Apple changed iCloud significantly between iOS 7 and iOS 8, so if your iPad is stuck on iOS 7, you won't be able to use iCloud sync between it and your iOS 8 iPhone.

• Can your iPad be updated to iOS 8?
    • Do you have any access to your data right now on either device, or are both of them stuck trying to find the data in iCloud?
    • Do you have access to 1Password on a Mac? (If so, please provide the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating system.)

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here, we'll do what we can to get this sorted out for you just as soon as possible.

• eggim
    eggim
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan‌
    I updated my Ipad to iOS 8 but I still can't sync with icloud. The error message doesn't pop anymore and just say i can't find the data as same as my iphone5s. And I have old macbook pro that i don't use anymore. I think I bought it at 2010.

• eggim
    eggim
    Community Member
    Options

I am still able to see 1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet 52.5KB on my icloud. My WhatsApp messenger still works on iOS8. Why is only 1Password not working TT I really need the data. I have all my business number and every thing on there and I really need TT please

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eggim So why did this happen? you were unlucky and got caught in them midst of Apple changing how iCloud works and how apps are to sync with iCloud and they wrapped all of this up in iOS 8 and the almost released (but not yet as of posting) Yosemite. If you'd synced via Dropbox everything would have (likely) happened as you were expecting. Sorry.

Okay. Try visiting www.icloud.com from your Macbook Pro and then click on the iCloud Drive option. What I'm hoping you can find is something with a filename that ends in .opvault (I suspect it will be titled 1Password.opvault. If you do, you want to download that to your mac. If you can do that then you're maybe in luck. If you don't own or use 1Password 4 for Mac you can obtain a trial copy from AgileBits' site. I'm then hoping you can double click on the .opvault package and 1Password will launch. If not you can try opening 1Password, say you have an existing vault and point it to the .opvault package.

Now I'm unsure about a good few of these steps. I believe when you changed from iCloud to iCloud Drive or the new iCloud (their naming is a mess) then all your data should have been copied across but I have no way to test this myself. Also, users don't normally see the .opvault package at all as it's only iCloud at the moment so normally hidden. I'm making assumptions over file associations and will 1Password react the same way as if you double clicked on a .agilekeychain.

If you can find and download the .opvault though there is still hope.

Report back here and somebody will help. Sorry for not replying sooner.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry, I was having to dash out the door for an appointment with my opticians. I forgot to say that if you can populate a vault on your MacBook Pro with the contents of your (hopefully) recovered opvault then you can either sync via WiFi or Dropbox to get all your information back onto your iOS devices. An iCloud sync won't be an option until Yosemite and 1Password5 and only then if you purchase the MAS version. Assuming your after a one-off transfer the trial version using Dropbox or WiFi should be enough.

Now off to work!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eggim,

As @littlebobbytables‌ said, things with iCloud are a bit complicated right now. I'd like to take a closer look at your iOS devices to see if there's any way we can get you access to your data.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.