Unable to use Pin to open 1Password 5.1

Options
howconsat
howconsat
Community Member

Since adopting iOS 8 and 1Password 5.1, I have been unable to use my 4-digit PIN number instead of my Master Password to authenticate my Login. I have a Passcode set on my iPad as requested in the 5.1 instructions. I have also been unable to establish a new PIN number when using 1Password 5.1. So then, how do I establish a 4-digit Pin for use in 5.1?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @howconsat,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the PIN option in 1Password 5.1.

When you said you have the passcode set on your iPad, you're referring to the PIN code within 1Password's Settings > Security or do you mean your iPad's device passcode?

If you open the main 1Password app, unlock with your master password, and go to Settings (gear icon on bottom left), tap on Security, can you tell me if you see the option for the PIN Code?

Try turning it off and back on, see if that'll get it working better.

• howconsat
    howconsat
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the "turn Pin Code off and on again" in "Security" suggestion. I did take your suggestion, but it didn't solve my problem. I still can't enter a Pin Code on the 1Password "Enter a Pin Code" page. The four dashes representing the templet for entering the Pin Code are present on the Pin Code entry page, but the page will not accept an entry of alpha, numeric or symbols. However my Master Password still works with no problem. This is a mystery to me, since I had no difficulty adopting a 1Password 4-digit Pin Code on the same iPad before installing iOS 8, and 1Password 5.1. The 4-digit Pin Code was easily entered when I was using iOS 7 and 1Password 4. This is really frustrating! At this point, i'm wondering if, perhaps, I have failed to enable some critical feature in iOS 8 on my iPad--something that if not enabled (or disabled) would prevent me from entering a Pin Code in 1Password. If so, I don't know what it would be.

And yes, I do have a Passcode enabled for unlocking my iPad.

I really have no idea of what to try next. I have been unable to find any further suggestions to solve this problem in 1Password Troubleshooting listings.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions. I would certainly like to try them.

Thanks again---Howard

• Ben
    Options

Hi Howard ( @howconsat‌ )

Please create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.